The rice cooker is one of the most important kitchen appliances. Everyone will clean the inner pot when cooking, and clean the inner pot need to use a soft cloth.
In addition to the inner pot, the lid, the air outlet, and other parts are often neglected to clean. There are often food residues on it.
In addition, the rice cooker shell should be cleaned in time if it gets oily.
The following tells you how to clean the rice cooker correctly and the precautions for the use of it.
Rice cooker cleaning
1. The outer layer of rice cooker
If there are oily stains that are difficult to clean, wipe them with detergent, you can squeeze a bit of toothpaste on a damp cloth and wipe gently, and you will find that the oil stains are easily removed, just like a new one.
For the sticky rice paste dipped in for cooking rice or porridge, just wipe the surface with a rag and baking soda.
2. The ventilation holes of the rice cooker
In order to prevent the pressure in the pot from being too high, the rice cooker will have ventilation holes.
When the rice is steamed, the heat will come out from here and there will be some food residue.
We take it off, rinse it repeatedly under the tap, and wipe the edges clean, wipe the gaps around here with a rag.
If there are oil stains, you can use detergent, but you must rinse it off several times, and then install it.
3. Cleaning of the inner pot
First, take out the inner pot of the rice cooker, do not use detergent, just use baking soda powder, pour some baking soda powder, wipe with a sponge dipped in water, then rinse with water, then wipe with a rag Just do it.
4. Pot bottom
Pay attention to the cleaning of the bottom of the pot. Do not use iron brushes or the like, which will directly damage the bottom of the pot.
Wipe it several times with a damp cloth wrung out of water. After wiping it clean, absorb water with kitchen paper, and then wipe it several times with a clean cloth.
Cleaning note: When cleaning the rice cooker, be sure to unplug the power source.
Because the electrical part is not sealed enough, do not rinse or soak with water, and do not drip when wiping with a damp cloth.
When cleaning the inner tank, soak it in clean water for a while, then wash it with a sponge or soft cloth.
A hard cleaning cloth may damage the non-stick coating of the inner tank.
After cleaning, turn on the power to test whether the shell is electrified to ensure the safe use of the rice cooker.
5. Outer pot and inner pot bottom
The cleaning of the outer pot and the inner bottom of the rice cooker is very important.
When rice grains of dirt fall into the internal control part of the rice cooker, you can use a screwdriver to remove the screw at the bottom of the rice cooker, open the bottom cover, and pour out the rice grains and dirt inside.
If there is a foreign body accumulated in a certain part of the control part, first clean it with a knife, and then scrub it with alcohol.
Rice cooker maintenance
1. When cooking rice, it is best to wash the rice, soak it in clean water for about 15 minutes, and then put it in the pot, which can greatly shorten the cooking time, and the cooked rice is particularly fragrant.
2. Make full use of the waste heat of the electric heating plate.
When the rice soup in the pot is boiling, the power switch can be turned off for 8-10 minutes to make full use of the residual heat of the electric heating plate before turning on the electricity.
When the red light is off and the yellow light is on, it means that the rice is cooked.
At this time, you can turn off the power and use the residual heat to keep it warm for about 10 minutes.
3. Do not use the rice cooker as an electric kettle. Rice cookers and electric kettles of the same power, boiling water in flasks, rice cookers use much longer than electric kettles.
4. Using electricity to avoid peaks is the best way to save electricity.
For the rice cooker of the same power, when the voltage is lower than 10% of its rated value, the electricity time needs to be extended by about 12%.
It is best to use less or not during peak electricity consumption.
5. Keep the inner pot and the outer pot clean. If the rice cooker is used for a long time and is not cleaned in time, there will be a layer of oxide on the bottom and the outer surface of the inner pot.
You can soak the inner pot of the rice cooker in water and wipe it with a rough cloth until it is clean.
6. The inner pot, lid, and bottom of the inner pot should be in good contact with the electric heating plate.
If the inner pot is deformed, that is, concave or convex, it will affect the good contact of the bottom of the inner pot and should be corrected in time.
7. It is best to store the rice cooker on the table after using it to prevent dust from entering the bottom of the rice cooker, and do not put the rice cooker in the kitchen or a place that is easily sprayed by water, so as not to affect the safety of the rice cooker.
During use, the electric heating plate and the inner pot of the rice cooker should be kept clean to avoid water spots, rice grains, and other sundries, which will affect the cooling effect and may burn out the components in serious cases.
8. After purchasing a higher-power rice cooker, be sure not to share a socket with other electrical appliances, as this will cause insufficient socket capacity and cause the power cord to become too hot and dangerous.
9. After the rice cooker is used, be sure to unplug it. Usually, the rice cooker has an automatic heat preservation function.
After plugging in the power, even if there is no cooking, it’s still in a heat preservation state, which is a waste of electricity.
The correct use of rice cooker
1. Before using the rice cooker, you should carefully read the product instruction manual and master its use methods and essentials.
2. When washing the rice, it is not advisable to wash the rice directly with the inner pot, so as to avoid collision and cause the bottom of the pot to deform and affect the use.
3. Lightly put the inner pot into the outer shell of the electric pot. In order to make the bottom of the inner pot and the electric heating plate have good contact, the inner pot should be rotated to the left and right several times after placing it.
4. After inserting the power plug into the mains socket, you must press the switch button to make it enter the cooking stage.
After the rice is cooked, simmer for 10-15 minutes, it will be more cooked, soft, and delicious.
5. When the rice is cooked, the heat preservation indicator lights up, indicating that the rice cooker is automatically kept at 60-80 degrees Celsius.
If heat preservation is not required, the power plug should be pulled out.
6. When serving rice and soup, avoid using a metal spoon without unplugging the power supply.
Use a plastic or wooden bamboo spoon to serve, and unplug the power supply as much as possible before use.
When washing the inner pot, you must use a rag. If the inner pot sticks to the crust, it is easy to wash after soaking in water.
7. Do not use other utensils to replace the inner pot on the electric heating plate to heat.
8. Do not disassemble the electrical parts of the rice cooker at will, so as not to affect the performance and use the effect of the rice cooker.
9. Check whether the power socket and power cord are damaged frequently to prevent leakage accidents.
Precautions for use of rice cooker
1. Avoid bumps
The inner pot is easily deformed after being touched.
After the inner pot is deformed, the bottom and the heating plate will not fit well.
The heating is uneven during cooking, and it is easy to cook raw rice, which will also affect the heat transfer efficiency. Handle with care.
2. Avoid soaking
Do not soak the inner pot shell and electric heating plate in water.
The electrical components are installed in the lower part of the pot body and can only be wiped off with a dry cloth after the power is turned off.
After the inner pot is washed, the water at the bottom of the pot must be wiped dry with a cloth before putting it into the rice cooker.
3. Avoid sour and salty
Avoid cooking food that is too sour or too salty in the electric pot.
Because the inner pot is made of aluminum, cooking food that is too sour and salty with it will cause the inner pot to be corroded and easily damaged.
In addition, someone should be guarded when cooking rice and stewed meat to prevent the porridge water from overflowing into the appliance and damaging the electrical components.