Rice Cooker is an essential kitchen appliance for many families. In addition to cooking the rice, it also can cook porridge and stew nowadays. The function is more and more than before so sometimes you will think it’s very similar to the pressure cooker and slow cooker.
I think a lot of people know about what is an electric rice cooker. There are many brands in the market. As a common kitchen appliance, the selection of rice cookers is about the quality of cooking. What should you pay attention to when buying a rice cooker? In below, I will talk about the most important considerations for choosing Rice Cooker.
What Is An Electric Rice Cooker?
It’s a modern cookware that uses electricity to cook food. It can steam, boiled, stewed, braised, and simmered. The operating temperature is mostly above and below 100 °C. It’s not only able to cook food, but it can also keep warm. It’s hygienic to use, no pollution, save time and energy. It’s one of the indispensable tools for the modernization of housework.
How Does It work?
Rice Cooker uses a heating plate. Cook at the bottom of the pot. The heating plate has a built-in electric heating line. This heating line is controlled by an automatic switch. When the switch button is pressed. The switch rail puts the magnet upside down on the temperature-sensitive soft magnetic.
At this time, the heating wire is switched on and starts heating. When the rice in the pot boils. The water in the pot is gradually reduced. When the water begins to evaporate, the temperature inside the pot rises from 100 °C to 103 ° C.
The temperature-sensitive soft magnetic is not attracted by the magnet. The lever of the switch is lower by the spring force of the spring and its own gravity. The pressure separates the points of contact. The heating wire will be powered off. Simultaneously. Switch on another insulation circuit. Keep the temperature of the rice at around 70 °C.
How To Use
1. Before using a rice cooker. The product instruction manual should be read carefully. Master the methods and operation.
2. When washing rice. It’s not advisable to wash rice directly with the inner pot to avoid the collision and causes deformation of the bottom of the pot.
3. Lightly place the inner pot into the rice cooker. In order to make the inner pot bottom and the electric hot plate have good contact. After placing, rotate the inner pot to the left and right several times.
4. Plug-in. The switch button must be pressed in order to get a rice cooker into the cooking stage. After cooking, cook for another 10-15 minutes. More ripe and soft.
5. After the rice is cooked, the keep warm indicator lights up. Indicates that rice cooker automatically keeps warm between 60-80 degrees Celsius. If you do not need to keep the rice warm, the power plug should be pulled out.
How Does Rice Cooker Make Cake?
1. Prepare 3-4 eggs. A small amount of flour. A pack of milk (boxed milk is also OK), sugar, oil, and salt.
2. Break the eggs. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
3, Whip the egg white with the mixer.
4. Whip the egg white for few minutes. There will be foam. To make the cake sweeter. Add half a spoon of salt.
Cleaning And Maintenance Of Rice Cooker
1. During the cleaning process, do not allow the electrical parts to contact with water in case of short circuit.
2. The stain on the exterior can be cleaned with detergent.
3. Before cleaning the inner pot, soak it in hot water for a while. Then wash with a sponge or a soft cloth. Do not use a hard brush to brush the inner pot so as not to damage the non-stick coating of the inner pot.
4. After the inner pot is cleaned. Wipe with a soft cloth. The bottom cannot wet when put back in the rice cooker.
5. The exterior and the heating plate should not be immersed in water. Wipe it with a damp cloth only after turning off the power.
6. When the internal control area has rice or dirt falling in. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws on the bottom of the rice cooker, uncover the bottom cover. Remove the rice grains and dirt from it. If dirt accumulates at a certain part of the control site. It can be cleaned with a knife. Scrub with absolute alcohol. But be careful. Do not scrub the computer controls.
7. Rice Cooker is not used after cleaning. It’s best to store it on your table. Prevent dust from entering the bottom. It should not be placed in the kitchen or in places that are easily splashed by water so as not to affect the safety of the rice cooker.
Rice Cooker Buying Guides
The rice cooker on the market is mainly divided into several types: chassis heating, upper and lower heating, three-dimensional heating and IH electromagnetic heating.
Naturally, the latest IH electromagnetic heating technology is the most advanced. But its price is also the most expensive. Compared to the next, the chassis sometimes has uneven heating of the food.
The rice cooker which is heated by upper and lower heating and three-dimensional heating guarantees better heating of the food.
The volume ranges from 1L to 5L. 1L can only be used by 1-2 people. 2L-3L is more suitable for the 3 people. 4L-5L is suitable for families with 4-8 people.
Many Rice Cookers on the market now use computer panel operation. It’s simpler and more intuitive. Subdivided into a button computer panel and a touch computer panel. Choose according to the needs of your own operating habits.
Rice cooker is a fully automatic cooking rice appliance. The delay start function is an important aspect. Most of them on the market come with this feature. However, most of them don’t have and the price will also cheap. You can choose it according to your budget and needs.
According to your own financial ability, choose some well-known brands that are more secure in terms of product quality and after-sales service. It can make consumers buy with more confidence.
Choose a structural shape that fits your aesthetic. Observe whether there are scratches, deformations, etc. from different angles. Whether the joints of the parts are smooth and tidy; whether the non-stick coating is uniform and will fall off; the paint no falling off.
All kinds of accessories are in good condition. No cracking, blistering, etc. The cooperation between the lid and the inner pot should be strict.
Manufacturers not only pursue the inherent quality of the products. At the same time, it also pays attention to the design of the product. Its products are good in appearance and the color is elegant.
In terms of performance, it is important to check whether the inner pot is in good contact with the electric hot plate and whether the electric heating is normal.
Also, check if the function switch and the light touch button are normal. Rotary regulators and timers should operate freely. The heating and warming indicators are illuminated accordingly.
It can automatically shut down after the timer countdown is completed. The power cord and power plug should be insulated well. No oxidation and corrosion.
Also, pay attention to the sealed micro-pressure structure of the rice cooker. The rice made with good micro-pressure sealing is delicious. At the same time, the power saving and heat preservation effects are remarkable.
The inner pot is to be round, no damage. The bottom of the pot should match the curvature of the heater plate. Rice cooker at the same price should choose a heavier one because it works at high temperatures. If the pot is thinner, the heat conduction will be uneven. If you use it a few times, the rice will burn. If you use it for a long time, thinner pots will deform.
Also, try to choose the oxide pot inner pot. Do not choose to spray coating. Because the oxidized coating does not fall off easily. It’s healthier.
On the market, most of them are 2.5mm thick. Thin is 1.5mm. There are also 3mm or even 4mm thick. It’s recommended to choose a thick pot. Also. If there is a wave pattern, it is better. Increased heating area of the inner pot surface. Strong thermal convection can also occur between the corrugations. Make the pot boil well.
Try to choose a variety of features. This will not only save money, but you can also make effective use of your home space. For example, many rice cookers now have many functions that can make cake or bread. Also, delay start also features that should be considered.
As a consumer, when choosing a rice cooker, you should also consider its power consumption problem. For example, there are many rice cookers on the market that use the purple sand inner pot. Although this inner pot has certain advantages in soup and porridge, no harmful substances are generated during cooking and heating.
It’s also rich in minerals that are good for human health. But compared to the metal inner pot. The purple sand inner pot takes longer to cook. The power consumption is relatively large.
Security issues are a critical issue when choosing a rice cooker. It should also be included with the plug, power cord, and check the product manual. The formal instructions should be printed with the product name, trademark, model number, rated voltage, frequency, power, manufacturer or vendor.
The instructions are clearly printed. The manufacturer, address, telephone, and maintenance items should be clearly marked. It should also be equipped with a warranty card, a packing accessory sheet, and a factory certificate.
In addition to this, check if the power cord is double insulated. Whether the core is greater than or equal to 0.75 square millimeters.
Choose a regular home appliance supermarket or online store to buy well-known brand products. After-sales service is relatively more secure. After purchasing, pay attention to supervising the salesperson to write the name, model, size, etc. of the purchased rice cooker. Save the recipe. In order to find a problem, find a merchant to return or repair.
Online Shopping Advice
Because of the money-saving and convenience of online shopping, more and more people now choose to buy rice cooker online. It is recommended to know the performance and functions of different brands and models through the brand’s official website or other professional websites before purchasing. You can also go to the physical store to know more about the product.
The selection of a rice cooker first needs to be linked to the needs of your family. Different household environments have different requirements. This is mainly reflected in eating habits, the population at home, and the time. The above is the introduction of buying the rice cooker.
If you want to choose the new one, I think the post below can help you.
I hope this article can help you. If you have any questions about that, please feel free to leave it below.