When baking, for any friend who wants to experience and enjoy every step. It has an essential appliance that is the handheld mixer. It’s an indispensable tool for making dessert and knead the dough. But many people still don’t know how to choose a handheld mixer. Below, I will talk about it in detail.
What Is Hand Held Mixer?
It’s a tool used to fully whip egg white, egg yolk, cream that is used to make steamed eggs, cake, waffle, etc. It also can use to knead the dough. At present, there are mainly manual hand held mixers and electric hand held mixers on the market.
Manual Hand Held Mixer
They are commonly made of stainless steel for whipped cream, button, egg white, etc. It has different sizes. You can choose the size according to your needs. It’s one of the essential baking tools or uses to make the dessert.
It’s recommended that you buy a good quality because this tool is most commonly used in baking.
Electric Hand Held Mixer
It’s mostly 100W-300W in the market. It’s recommended to choose 250-300W. If the power is too small, it’s not easy to whip things and easy to burn. Another very important is the beaters and whisk. For health reasons, it’s recommended to buy stainless steel.
This is actually adding a base to the portable model and put a rotatable mixing bowl on it which is convenient and labor-saving. If the model can make the dough, it will be more expensive. When you want to whip the egg, you can separate the mixer from the base.
It also has a non-disassemble stand mixer which is more powerful and expensive. If you always need to do some heavy-duty job, you should choose this type.
How To Choose An Electric Hand Held Mixer
It’s mainly capable of easily whipping anything you want, and is convenient to use. In the process of purchasing, it needs to choose according to the actual use and needs.
As a daily use of gadgets, it suggests that you should pay special attention to brand and quality. During use, we have to pay attention to the corresponding maintenance too.
Since it directly contacts the egg so it must be clean and hygienic. Choose the material to ensure quality. Generally, it’s recommended to choose stainless steel products, which are light, practical, easy to clean and easy to maintain.
It’s very important, remember to choose a power that suitable for your daily use. The power on the market is not the same. The general power is between 100W and 300W.
It’s recommended that you choose with slightly larger power. Especially if it’s necessary to use it for a long time. It’s high efficiency too. If budget, better choose a high-power hand held mixer.
Generally, if the power is too small, which means more time is needed to do your job.
2. Overheat Protection
It’s a small household appliance. Generally, it’s not easy to dissipate heat. When you buy it, you should pay attention to whether there is overheating protection. If not, it will be easy to burn.
3. Brand And After-sales
The brand is very important, but the after-sales is more important. It’s recommended that you buy in the store. The online store is difficult to guarantee after the sale. The physical store is often more expensive, but face-to-face after-sale processing is more reliable.
Actually, most of the hand held mixers are noisy during use. Remember to consider the noise level. Too much noise maybe a second hand or some components have problems.
5. The Material Of The Beaters
It’s very important. The cheap egg beater is usually made of metal material with secondary recovery. It has poor durability, and the material may be rusted after a long time. It risks the safety of the food. The high-quality should be generally made of stainless steel chrome-plated material, which is safe and reliable and never rusts.
If you only beat the eggs, it’s no problem with only one speed.
The more choice of the speed, the more flexible you process your ingredients, it’s also more suitable for professional baking. Many friends do not pay attention to the speed.
Therefore, try to choose one with as many speed as possible.
7. Good Heat Dissipation
When it’s in operation at high speed, it will generate a large amount of heat in a short time. How to dissipate heat becomes the key point.
The inferior electric hand held mixer has no special heat dissipation design. It takes a minute or two then the motor will be very hot and even has a burnt plastic smell.
The high-quality hand held mixer will have a venting hole specially designed for heat dissipation, which uses the airflow principle to dissipate heat, which can effectively extend the working time of the product and the service life of the motor.
How To Knead The Dough With Electric Hand Held Mixer
It does not only save time and effort but also mixing the ingredients you want so that you can make the food easier and faster. It can not only mixing but also make the dough.
1. Pour the flour into the bowl, add all the ingredients, dig a pit in the middle, and add all the ingredients such as butter, water, and milk. Pay attention to the separation of salt, sugar, and yeast.
2. Slowly add water to the middle. It’s best to pour directly into the yeast section and add milk to the middle
3. Stir the flour and slowly let the surrounding dry flour dissolve into the water until the middle becomes a batter.
4. Use the electric hand held mixer to knead, install the two dough hook, and force it into the dough, preferably into the bottom. One hand holds the bowl, one hand holds the machine. Starts to knead with medium speed to high speed depends on the situation of the batter.
After two or three minutes, you can add butter. Note that the butter must be softened at room temperature in advance. After adding the butter, you can knead the dough with the butter until the butter is completely absorbed. The dough becomes smooth and delicate.
5. Take away the hook, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, and put it in a warm place for the first fermentation. Then ferment, bake, and the bread is finished.
How To Maintenance
1. The mixer must be cleaned after use every day: remove the beaters and mixing bowl to clean. Rinse with water when cleaning. Do not drop the mixer.
2. Clean the machine every week, wipe the device with a wet towel, and do not rinse the device with water to prevent water from entering the appliance or the inside of the bearing that will result in equipment damage.
3. Lubricate the sliding parts inside the machine every month.
4. Check the belt tightness to prevent the belt from slipping and damaging the belt.
If you always whip egg white, cream, or knead the dough, I suggest you should buy one because it really saves you a lot of time. Therefore, you can spend more time with your kids.
If you don’t have one at home and want to choose one, you can read the post below to get more ideas.
I hope my post can help you to understand more about the electric hand held mixer. If you have any questions or opinion, please leave them below, I’d love to hear that.