At present, the ceramic tiles in the family kitchen are modern now. The choice of ceramic tile materials is diverse, including glazed tiles, full-body tiles, polished tiles, vitrified tiles, mosaics, and other categories.
In functional spaces with a large overall area such as the kitchen, smooth or matte glazed tiles are the first choice. Do you know which kitchen tiles are the easiest to clean?
Today I will introduce you to the knowledge of cleaning and maintenance of kitchen tiles.
Which kind of kitchen tile is good
1. Stainless steel tiles
The uniform white kitchen tiles always lack a touch of novelty and beauty, but these shiny stainless steel tiles can add a touch of brilliance to the kitchen.
These tiles are made of brushed stainless steel, just as good as the reflective effect of incandescent lamps, and its patterns and textures give metallic colors more new ideas.
2. Classic subway brick
Classic subway tiles can add a practical feel to any space. In this rustic kitchen, the black cement grout makes the white subway tiles shinier. The most important thing is that the subway tiles are very easy to clean. It’s a kitchen with big fumes.
3. Geometric pattern tiles
With the popularity of geometric patterns, it is now often used in the design of kitchens. As here, the highly wavy geometric pattern tiles break the single sense of space and make the kitchen more colorful.
These intricate blue Pattern tiles add a sense of movement and texture to space, avoiding monotony.
4. Marble tiles
Polished black marble tiles add a modern touch to this well-designed kitchen. The open shelves and kitchen utensils use earthy light tones to finely coordinate the colors, creating a strong contrast between the marble tile walls and the countertops.
5. Mosaic tiles
Mosaic tiles are durable and waterproof. To clean these shiny mosaic tiles, you only need to wipe them quickly.
At the same time, the mosaic is also a very environmentally friendly tile. Many of its series are made of recycled glass bottles because They have heat resistance and moisture resistance, so they are very suitable for kitchens.
6. Herringbone tiles
Caracata marble is famous for its timelessness. Here, customized herringbone pattern tiles make the kitchen more modern.
This delicate pattern not only makes the space full of vitality, but also has good decoration, and you don’t need to spend a lot of money and time to do the cleaning.
Kitchen tile cleaning method
1. Use multifunctional decontamination cream
The tiles are stained by greasy, rust, soapy dirt, etc., the cleaning method is not difficult, in order to keep the tiles clean and not damage the magnetic surface and smooth surface, you can use multi-functional decontamination paste, that is, take a small amount of decontamination paste with a toothbrush to remove dirt will be brushed with a waterproofing agent (crevices in the tiles) with a brush to prevent water infiltration and prevent mold growth.
2. Clean tiles behind the stove
In the kitchen space, the stove is often used, so the back of the stove is also easily stained with oil. In this case, the candle will be used for cleaning.
Apply the candle from the vertical to horizontal way at the tile joint behind the stove. It should be level with the thickness of the tiles before solidification, so that even if there is oil infiltration, just wipe it gently.
3. Cleaning of kitchen wall tiles
Use detergents with dissolved ingredients for cleaning
The walls of the kitchen at home are easily stained with oil, and the oil is easy to dry and it is not easy to clean.
Especially in summer, if the oil stains on the tiles or cracks on the wall are very thick, you can shovel them with a small shovel first, then thin them, and then clean them with acidic or dissolved detergents.
Stick oil-proof paper
We can also use another method to clean the wall tiles-stick oil-proof stickers. First, apply the beautifying agent to the gaps between the tiles, and then apply it to the joints of the tiles, which is not only beautiful but also resistant to oil stains.
You can also put toilet paper or paper towels on the tiles, spray detergent on the paper, and help the tiles in your home “apply a mask.”
4. Cleaning and maintenance of kitchen floor tiles
“Mask” the tiles
Put the toilet paper or paper towel on the ceramic tile, spray the cleaner on it for a while, the cleaner will not drip everywhere, and the grease will stick to it.
As long as the toilet paper is torn off, and then cleaned with a clean cloth dipped in clean water, the tiles can be refreshed.
For tiles with heavy oil stains, you can put toilet paper or paper towels on the tiles for one night, or replace the toilet paper with a cotton cloth.
After the oil stains are fully absorbed by the paper towels, wipe them with a damp cloth. The ventilation fan inside the range hood can also use this method.
Tile maintenance starts from daily
In fact, insisting on simple oil control and cleaning every day can reduce the workload and the difficulty of work.
This is because the area of oil stains is relatively small, and the degree of shallowness is easier to clean.
In the daily small range of oil stains, you can use old toothbrushes to clean up, which not only cleans but also saves effort.
In addition, old toothbrushes can also be used for hard-to-clean areas such as tile joints, because the teeth of the toothbrush are relatively small and can be deep into the gaps for deep cleaning.
Use wax as a protective layer for tiles
Because the surface of the wax is very smooth, even if it is stained with oil, just wipe the wax gently to clean it.
When you clean the oil stains on the tiles and the joints of the tiles later, you only need to scrub them with normal detergent.
Therefore, to take precautions for the cleanliness of the tiles, we can gently apply the wax to the joints of the tiles, first of all, longitudinally, so that the wax can be evenly applied to the joints; then apply horizontally, let the thickness of the ceramic tile is the same as the thickness of the wax.
Finally, use a clean rag to clean the residue on the surface of the stove.
Before cooking, throw the waste newspaper on the ground in front of the stove, the area is slightly larger.
When cooking, even if there is oil spilled, it will be absorbed by the newspaper. After the noise, just throw the newspaper away. The ground is still clean.
5. General cleaning method for kitchen tiles
- In daily life, some simple stains on the tiles, such as ordinary dust and mud, can be washed with soap and detergent. Add soap and some ammonia and turpentine mixture to make the tiles shinier.
- Glazed bricks have a tight glaze layer structure, and dirt will not penetrate into the brick body. For ordinary stains, use a cotton cloth dipped in water and detergent to clean it. Do not let water penetrate into the brick joints, which may cause new pollution or causes the peeling of tiles. The uneven tiles can be brushed.
- Polished tiles are different from other tiles in that they have fine pores on the surface. Long-term exposure will absorb some dust and bacteria, and they look old and lose their luster. Regular waxing is required, preferably once every quarter.
- If there are scratches on the brick surface that are difficult to clean, spray a little descaling cleaning agent, you can wipe it gently after applying toothpaste and dry it after a minute or two.
- The gaps between bricks and bricks are the most difficult to clean and can be maintained with tile cleaners from time to time. Brush a layer of water repellent on the gaps to prevent mold growth.
- The glue on the tiles should not be removed. You can use banana water. Pure banana water has a strong banana odor. It is liquid, colorless, transparent, volatile, and flammable. It is mainly used as a solvent and thinner for spraying paint to clean the tiles. The glue effect is also very good.
Kitchen wall tiles maintenance
Wall tile cleaning is very important, and wall tile maintenance is also very important:
- Anti-cracking: In daily life, we should not use sharp objects to knock or rub the wall tiles.
- Anti-scratch: If there are slight scratches on the wall, then we can use toothpaste around the scratches, and then wipe with a soft dry cloth repeatedly, don’t forget to apply a small amount of floor wax, wait for it to be clean, You can make the tiles achieve a bright effect.
- Moisture resistance: After cleaning the wall tiles, remember to open the doors and windows immediately to allow some air to circulate, this is to dry out the water vapor on the tile walls.
Kitchen floor tile maintenance
Be careful not to damage the tiles to prevent damage
In order to remove the stains on the kitchen floor tiles in a timely manner, everyone will definitely use a wire ball to decontaminate and scratch the glaze or use a strong acid cleaner to clean.
Generally, after the cleaning is completed, the floor tiles are often found to be more ugly than before cleaning.
Small damage can be handled
For small damage, we can use white latex to paste it. If there are small damages on the edges or in the middle of the floor tiles, we can paste the small parts with white latex.
Floor tile cleaning time is required
When cleaning the tiles, the most important thing is not to damage the glaze. When cleaning the tiles, use more blisters, and then gently brush with a soft brush.
It is best not to use sharp objects such as wire balls for destructive floor tiles. At the same time, it should be dried immediately after cleaning, and no water stains should be left, so that the tiles can be kept long and bright.