The electric kettle is an indispensable part of today’s life that provides us with great convenience. Do you know what is an electric kettle? I believe most of you know.
As an electrical product, you have to pay more attention when you want to buy it. I think you will often worry about which electric kettle is good?
To judge which one is good, you have to first understand the working principle, advantages and disadvantages, and precautions.
The following is an introduction to the electric kettle and the descaling method.
What Is An Electric Kettle?
The electric kettle was born in Chicago in 1891. With the development of science and technology, fast, safe, and convenience become the main feature of the kettle.
The British tea lover has fallen in love with it since then. In the 21st century, it has become a global bestseller. It adopts the steam intelligent temperature control, which has the function of automatically powering off after the water boils, overheat protection, and anti-dry protection.
With the needs of life, the current electric kettle is also developing in a multi-functional direction, such as leak prevention, anti-scalding, and water lock. It has the advantages of fast heating speed, good heat preservation, and many styles.
How Does It work?
After the electric kettle is turned on for about 5 minutes, the water temperature gradually rises to 100 degrees, the water begins to boil. The water vapor deforms the bimetal of the steam sensing element and disconnected from the power supply automatically. If this mechanism fails, the water will continue to burn until the water is dried.
The temperature of the heating element rises sharply. There are two bimetals at the bottom of the heating plate, which will rise sharply due to heat conduction, and will expand and deform. And finally, shut off automatically.
Therefore, safety protections are designed to be very scientific and reliable. This is the double safety principle of the electric kettle.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Different Electric Kettle
Plastic Electric Kettle
It was first introduced in the market. They are made of plastic materials that have been used for a long time.
1. Easy to clean, very light, diverse colors, diverse styles, especially for decorating rooms.
2. The price is cheap, compared to the other two products, the current plastic is relatively cheap.
3. The boiling water is quick and convenient. Generally, it can be boiled for 5-10 minutes. This is the common advantage of all kinds of electric kettles, which is much more affordable than using a water dispenser.
1. Will plastic produce toxic substances at high temperatures? This is everyone’s concern. In fact, plastic electric kettles produced by regular manufacturers use food-grade plastics, which generally do not produce toxic substances.
However, some informal manufacturers do not use food-grade plastics and will produce toxic and harmful substances when used for a long time.
Therefore, you should carefully purchase, do not rush to buy cheap plastic products.
2. The service life of plastic electric kettle is generally not as long as stainless steel or ceramic.
3. The grade of plastic electric kettle is slightly lower, and it’s not suitable for use in more formal occasions.
Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
At present, it’s the most common type in the market, and it’s also very popular.
1. It will not produce any toxic and harmful substances, you can generally buy with confidence.
2. Its casing is durable and beautiful, especially suitable for public places such as restaurants and hotels.
3. Stainless steel electric kettle is also a durable small household appliance. It’s good to as a gift to friends and relatives. I think it’s affordable and nice for everyone.
1. It will cause a scale when used for a long time, and it’s troublesome to remove scale.
2. The color is single and relatively bulky.
3. The heat conduction is fast. After the water is boiled, be careful to touch the outer casing when using it because it’s extremely hot. If you have a child at home, it’s recommended to put it in a place where children can’t touch it.
Ceramic Electric Kettle
It’s the new darling of the electric kettle market. It’s fashionable, artistic, and can be used to create a variety of good-looking shapes and draw a variety of beautiful patterns. The future may become the most popular member of the family.
1. Ceramics are generally used as crafts. It’s beautiful and elegant. Now made into the electric kettle with the delicate tea set. It’s not only a small appliance but also can decorate your home.
2. It has a lot of colors that are very popular among consumers in the market. It’s a good piece of furniture decoration crafts.
3. Ceramic products are non-toxic and harmless, and easy to clean.
1. The ceramic products themselves are brittle. It should be handled gently, do not hit or collide, otherwise it will damage the body, affect the appearance, or shorten the service life of the product.
2. The price is relatively expensive.
How To Choose
It’s generally in the 1.7~2.0L, depending on the situation and actual needs, generally, 2-3 people can choose 1.2L~1.5L and 4-5 people can choose 1.8L~2.0L.
Look carefully from inside to outside. By the way, shake it look at the exterior, is the seam tight? Is there any defect in the plastic parts and is the material used well?
Whether the metal body is smooth and shiny. Large factories usually have strict inspections. Generally, these problems are avoided.
Is the workmanship excellent? If it’s shaken, there is a sound, and the kettle body is loose, which is an unqualified quality problem.
Read the instructions at the time of purchase, with or without CCC mandatory certification. At the time of purchase, you can test, whether the boiling time is as expected. Whether the insulation performance is good, not hot.
Check if the temperature control device is normal. The current electric kettle has a temperature control device and is powered off after boiling. This will prevent dry burning.
For the elderly and children in the home, it’s recommended to use an insulated electric kettle. This type of kettle has a special anti-scalding, anti-dumping and overflow design to protect the elderly and children.
How To Remove Scale
This method is the simplest and most practical method. Everyone knows that the main component of scale is carbonate such as calcium carbonate. The acetic acid in the vinegar reacts with it to produce minerals and carbon dioxide gas dissolved in water.
1. To extend the life of the kettle, the mineral deposits in the pot should be cleaned regularly.
2. When cleaning, be sure to disconnect the power supply first.
3. Please do not soak the kettle base in the water.
4. Mix the vinegar and water in a ratio of 1:2 and pour into the kettle, then turn on the power, let the kettle work and wait for it to automatically shut off.
5. Allow the mixture to store in the kettle for 24 hours, then pour off the mixture. Then refill with the freshwater and boil it again.
6. Pour off the water and remove the scale and vinegar. Finally, clean the inside with water. Repeat as necessary.
7. In the process of using, if the fault occurs, the kettle should be taken out from the base, pour all the water, and then cool down to normal temperature for fault detection or cleaning.
Note: Water should not exceed the “MAX” line to prevent the water from overflowing. Also can’t go to heat milk tea and other drinks! Unless the specification clearly indicates that it can be heated.
During the boiling process, the lid cannot be opened and cannot be touched to prevent burns. After boiling water, unplug it.
Generally, the heating plate is made of metal. When it’s boiled, it’s easy to form a scale. Generally, we can put a small amount of baking soda, boil for a few minutes, and the scale will be
removed. Or you can pour about 500 grams of baking soda. Gently shake it and the scale can be removed.
The electric kettle is a simple small appliance at home. I think this is necessary for most of the family.
For me, I have 2 at home. The bigger one can use as a little hot pot to cook the food and boil the water. The small one is suitable to put in the suitcase when traveling.
If you have no idea which one is suitable for you, you can read the following post to get more ideas.
Sometimes, if you want a favorite little hot pot at home like me, you can read 15 Best Electric Hot Pots.
I hope my post will help all of you to make the right and best decision. If you have any questions about that, please leave it below. I’d love to hear that.