Do you know what is the signs of gas poisoning?
Gas poisoning is carbon monoxide poisoning. After carbon monoxide enters the body, it occupies the position of hemoglobin, so that people’s hemoglobin can not carry oxygen, so the patient is hypoxic and can even cause death.
Upon discovery of gas poisoning, the poisoned person should be immediately transferred to a place with fresh air.
When you cannot move the patient, you should immediately open all doors and windows of the room to ventilate and inhale oxygen when possible. At the same time, call an ambulance to take the patient to the hospital as soon as possible. Let’s learn about gas poisoning together.
Common causes of gas poisoning
1. Use a gas stove for heating and cooking in a closed room. Due to poor ventilation and insufficient oxygen supply, a large amount of carbon monoxide can be generated and stored indoors. Including closed doors and windows, and no ventilation measures, exhaust fans are not installed or incorrectly installed, carelessness, resulting in a large amount of gas overflow. When air pressure is low, gas is difficult to circulate and exhaust.
2. Urban residents use pipeline gas. If the pipeline leaks and the switch are not tight, it can cause a large amount of gas to overflow and cause poisoning.
3. The use of gas water heaters, poor ventilation, bathing time is too long.
4. Starting the car in the car in winter or sleeping in the car after turning on the air conditioner in the car may cause gas poisoning.
Signs of gas poisoning
The signs of gas poisoning are that the skin, mucous membranes, and lips appear cherry red. Some people forget to turn off the gas when using it at home. Staying in it for a long time can cause gas poisoning. Gas poisoning has the following manifestations:
1. Light gas poisoning
The poisoning time is short, and the carboxyhemoglobin in the blood is 10% to 20%. The symptoms are early symptoms of poisoning, headache, dizziness, palpitations, nausea, vomiting, limb weakness, and even temporary fainting. After inhaling fresh air, the symptoms quickly disappear after leaving the poisoning environment, generally without sequelae.
2. Medium gas poisoning
The poisoning time is slightly longer, and the content of carboxyhemoglobin in the blood accounts for 30% to 40%. On the basis of mild symptoms, symptoms such as sweating, irritability, unstable walking, pale skin, confusion, sleepiness, fatigue, collapse, or coma can occur.
The skin and mucous membranes present a cherry red characteristic of gas poisoning. If the rescue is timely, you can quickly wake up and recover completely within a few days, usually without sequelae.
3. Heavy gas poisoning
Found too late, inhaled too much gas, or inhaled high concentrations of carbon monoxide in a short period of time, the concentration of carboxyhemoglobin in the blood is often above 50%, the patient presents with a deep coma, all kinds of reflexes disappear, incontinence of the stool, cold limbs, blood pressure Descent, shortness of breath, and even death.
On-site first aid principles for gas poisoning
1. The patient should be allowed to leave the poisoned environment as soon as possible, and the doors and windows should be opened immediately to circulate air.
2. The patient should rest quietly to avoid increasing the heart, lung burden and increasing oxygen consumption after the activity.
3. Give the poisoned person enough oxygen.
4. For patients with mild poisoning, let him drink some strong tea, fresh radish juice.
5. Poisoning patients with unconsciousness must lift out the poisoning environment as soon as possible, let the patient lie down, and unbutton and buckle. In the shortest time, check the patient’s breathing, pulse, and blood pressure, and carry out emergency treatment according to these conditions.
6. The poisoned person’s breathing stops and artificial respiration and heart compression are performed immediately.
7. Call 120 emergency services, emergency doctors to the scene to treat patients.
8. After the condition is stable, escort the patient to the hospital for further examination and treatment.
9. Poisoners should be treated with hyperbaric oxygen chamber as soon as possible to reduce sequelae.
Prevention of gas poisoning
1. Use the coal furnace reasonably, install the chimney and make it complete, and install the wind tunnel correctly.
2. The windshield should be added to the part extending out of the window.
3. The coal stove and chimney must be sealed. It is installed indoors and at all interfaces of the furnace tube used for gas supply. It must be wrapped with double-layer plastic tape or black cloth tape to seal it. The backflow of the liquid affects the ventilation and corrosion of the stove, and this installation is also not conducive to ventilation.
4. The vent of the coal stove should be directed to the direction of the door. When ventilating the fire with coal balls at night, appropriate vents should be left. Do not seal all the ventilated places. The amount of coal used to seal the fire should also be moderate.
5. Open the window when cooking with a coal stove during the day to allow air circulation.
6. Due to the acidity of the gas-liquid produced by the combustion of honeycomb coal, it is easy to corrode the iron stove. To prevent the continuous rust from blocking the exhaust port of the coal stove, it is best to clean the debris once every three or four days when using it and tap it gently. Furnace tube, let the rust that is about to fall off come off and clean it, to prevent the soot from blocking the tube and affecting the gas outlet.
7. Before going to bed, you should carefully check whether the coal stove cover is tightly closed and whether the damper is closed.
8. Never use coal, charcoal, firewood, coke and other combustible materials to heat indoors without a chimney.
9. To prevent accidents, install an exhaust fan at home.
Normally, if you pay attention to the air ventilation, you will never have gas poisoning. But, unfortunately, if you really have, I hope my article will be helpful for you.
I hope my post is helpful for everyone. If you have any questions, please leave them below. I ‘d love to hear that.