The kitchen has many hidden dangers for the baby at home. For example, kitchen knives, stoves, power supplies, glass, ceramic containers, household appliances, etc. may have a certain threat to the baby’s safety, but the kitchen safety of children can not also be ignored.
In the kitchen, it can cultivate good habits of the baby, so how to create a safe kitchen environment?
How to eliminate hidden dangers in the kitchen? Let’s take a look!
Potential safety hazards in the kitchen
1. It is best not to use an open kitchen.
2. Do not use glass doors in the cabinet as much as possible to prevent the baby from being scratched by the glass when opening the door. Place sharp objects such as scissors, kitchen knives, bottle openers, etc. out of the reach of your baby, or lock them in the drawer.
3. Keep detergents and other dangerous items out of children’s reach. And follow such a principle, under the same decontamination and disinfection effect, choose less toxic cleaning supplies.
4. Don’t put things like kettles or teapots near the edge of the table.
5. Electric appliances such as rice cookers and microwave ovens should be unplugged in time when not in use and do not hang the wires where children can reach to avoid danger. If you have to do this, keep it as short as possible.
6. It is better not to use unobstructed trash cans. Use foot-tipped lidded trash cans to better prevent your baby from turning the trash in the trash can.
The garbage bag should be placed in a hidden place, and the baby is always particularly interested in this bag.
And like plastic bags, it is necessary to pack it up to prevent the baby from picking up and playing, covering his face and causing suffocation.
7. The cooktop is a very dangerous place. The baby will twist, pull, and pull on the gas switch. Therefore, families with small babies should choose a gas cooktop with a cover. The kind of even its knob is covered.
When cooking, do not turn the long handle of the pot out, but against the wall to prevent the baby from overturning and burning. The best defense is to keep your baby away from the stove.
8. When the ground is splashed with water or oil stains, it should be cleaned in time to prevent the baby or you from carrying hot food from slipping. Do not place stools in the kitchen to prevent children from using stools to take dangerous items from high places.
How to arrange kitchen supplies to be safe
1. Placement of tableware
Sharp cutlery such as knives, forks, peelers, etc. should be kept out of the reach of the baby or locked. Cups, plates, bowls and other tableware should also be locked in the cabinet to prevent the baby from taking out and smashing it, hitting the little feet, or cutting the skin from the fragments.
2. Storage of garbage
The garbage in the kitchen is best stored in a relatively hidden place, so as not to be taken by the baby, which will harm the baby’s health. The plastic bags for buying vegetables should be cleaned in time to prevent the baby from playing in the hands and covering his face to cause suffocation.
3. Storage of cleaning supplies
There are many cleaning products used in the kitchen. These cleaning agents, degreasers, disinfectants, melting agents, etc. all contain chlorine or ammonia. Therefore, the cleaning agents containing ammonia and chlorine will produce a deadly gas called ammonia amine.
Therefore, these cleaners must be placed in a place where the baby can’t reach them. When using the baby, please take the baby to another room, wear gloves and masks. Never use more than two detergents together, and pay attention to ventilation.
4. Storage of other debris
Matches, lighters, etc. should be placed in a safe place to avoid getting them. Do not hang flammable products, such as curtains, dried flowers, wooden spoons, or ornaments, near the stovetop to avoid fire.
How to use the kitchen to create a warm family time
1. You can especially leave a safe cupboard cabinet, put safe and fun things in this cabinet so that the baby can open to study. This way the baby won’t open other cabinets.
2. Let the kitchen become your parent-child paradise, for example, teach your baby to know all kinds of vegetables and fruits.
3. When cooking, you can give the baby a task, for example, let the baby help you choose dishes, when he concentrates on doing things, he will not mess up.
4. Let your baby do the final cleaning with you and develop good habits.
How to build a safe kitchen
1. The counter design is fair and convenient
The cabinet design varies from person to person, the height of the hanging cabinet and the hanging frame, and the size of various hanging objects should be carefully calculated, designed according to the height of the family, to avoid tall people from hitting their heads, and the height of the hanging cabinet. The width should be designed to be narrower than the console.
The range hood should be slightly higher than the user’s head. Generally speaking, the range between the range hood and the stove is about 70 cm. The cooktop is best designed in the center of the countertop, with a worktop set aside so that you can safely and promptly place the pot or soup pot removed from the stove in a safe and timely manner to avoid burns.
The corners of countertops and cabinets should be decorated with arcs to reduce the possibility of bruising.
2. Electrical appliances value the scientific layout
The safety of electrical appliances in the kitchen is particularly important. It is best to choose a waterproof socket if you have economic strength.
It is best to have a separate distribution box. If there are too many kitchen appliances and the power consumption is too large, it is better to keep the wire diameter of the kitchen wires larger.
The refrigerator should not be close to the stove, because it often generates heat and is a source of pollution, which will affect the temperature and the quality of food in the refrigerator. At the same time, it should not be too close to the sink to avoid leakage of water caused by the refrigerator.
There are planned to install more power sockets in all corners of the kitchen, which can reduce the danger caused by electric wires everywhere, and install leakage protection devices. It is not allowed to install electric wires beside the sink, electric stove, or other stoves.
Ventilation facilities are important measures to ensure indoor hygiene, health, and safety. Exhaust fans, exhaust hoods, and exhaust hoods are all necessary equipment. When the stove is installed, the air intake pipe must be fixed with a pipe hoop, the length should be appropriate, and the specification of the hose must be matched with the joint.
In addition, regularly check the hose for cracks or falling off. In addition, the lighting in the kitchen must be bright to avoid accidental errors in the dark.
3. Children’s safety protection
Some kitchens have sharply designed corner handles and protruding parts, and excessive pursuit of visual effects is very dangerous for children who like to run.
The stove should be provided with necessary expansion bars to prevent the pots and bowls from falling down. Various washing and other chemical products should be placed in special cabinets, and sharp knives and other utensils should be placed in drawers that can be safely opened.
4. Beautiful materials are safer
A kitchen is a humid place where water can accumulate, and all surface decoration materials should use waterproof materials. The materials on the ground and the console surface should be watertight.
Wall and ceiling materials should be water-resistant and scrubbable.
The materials used in the interior of the cabinet must be easy to clean. It is best to use materials that are not easy to be contaminated, easy to clean, moisture-proof, heat-resistant, and durable. Tiles, waterproof coatings, PVC boards, fireproof boards, artificial marble, etc. are the most used in the kitchen. Safety materials.
At the same time, the local surface decoration materials in the kitchen must pay attention to fire protection requirements, and the focus is on the flame retardant properties of the materials around the stove. The ground can be selected with anti-slip materials such as anti-slip floor tiles.
In short, in principle, all materials should be selected based on the principles of moisture resistance, fire prevention, moth resistance, and good antibacterial properties. Pay special attention to the natural marble has radiation, should choose artificial stone and quartz stone.
I hope the suggestions above are helpful for everyone so that you can protect your family at any time. If you have any questions, please leave them below. I ‘d love to hear that.