After the microwave oven has been used for many years, a thick layer of grease has accumulated on the inner wall, which is difficult to clean, and it is neither beautiful nor hygienic.
How to clean the microwave oven becomes an important issue for every family.
As we all know, the working principle of the microwave oven is to accelerate the movement of water molecules in the food by reflecting the microwave oven on the inner wall and penetrating the food, thereby heating the food, and once the inner wall of the microwave oven is dirty, it will inevitably affect the heating efficiency.
The microwave oven is used to heat food, so it must be kept clean at all times, but cleaning the microwave oven is a very troublesome thing.
The microwave oven is not clean, and the growth of bacteria affects health is not good.
Next, I will give you a detailed introduction to the practical cleaning tips, and teach you to easily fix the stains in 10 minutes.
1. Microwave oven cleaning steps
Step 1: Clean the exterior
Disconnect the power, take a cloth or sponge with good water absorption, soak it with warm water, squeeze out the excess water, and wipe the floating dust on the outside of the microwave oven.
Especially at the vents, so as not to affect the normal operation of the microwave oven.
Because the low temperature will splash the burned food, do not use a metal brush to clean it, so as not to scratch the outside of the microwave oven.
Step 2: Soften oil stains
Prepare a bowl of water and add some vinegar. The ratio of water to vinegar is about 4:1. Stir gently, put it in, and heat it for 3 minutes on high heat.
It is beneficial to the softening of oil stains on the inner wall and can also remove the peculiar smell.
Why use vinegar? One is that the vinegar is easy to clean up, and it will fall off once you wipe it. Second, sour vinegar can also play a role in disinfection.
The third is the acidic properties of vinegar to soften food residues.
The amount of vinegar can be up to half, which is a 1:1 ratio with water. But in order to clean and not waste vinegar, just put it in a ratio of 1:4 to play a cleaning role.
Step 3: Wipe inside
Wait 2 minutes until stubborn dirt becomes soft and easy to remove. Then take out the bowl, hob, and collar, wipe the inner wall with a damp cloth first, do not rinse, so as not to let water flow into the circuit in the furnace, and then wipe the water with a dry cloth.
Keep in mind here that steel balls must not be used. The inner wall of the microwave oven and the turntable are coated.
Wiping with steel balls will reduce the service life of the microwave oven.
When scrubbing the bottom of the microwave oven, the turntable should be removed. If the glass turntable and collar are hot, they need to be cooled before disposal.
After cleaning the turntable and the collar, remember to reset it as it is.
Step 4: Clean the cracks in the door
If there are food residues or oil stains remaining on the door hinges and door seams, use a soft brush dipped in some neutral detergent to wipe it, do not wipe it with a strong detergent or scrape with a knife.
Finally, just return the things in various parts to their original positions.
2. Microwave oven cleaning tips
Method 1: “Vinegar”
1. In a special bowl or cup for microwave oven, add half of the water and a tablespoon of white vinegar.
2. Put it in the microwave oven.
3. Power on for 5 minutes. If you use high heat to heat, the time required is shorter.
When using this method for the first time, be careful, and turn off the power when the steam is high.
This water vapor will soften the dirt on the walls of the microwave oven and reduce their adhesion.
4. Take the water away. Wipe the microwave oven with a rag or paper towel.
5. You will see that the remnant clouds in the towel are like the autumn wind sweeping the fallen leaves.
Finally, take out the glass turntable or tray inside, and clean it as usual. Of course, it’s okay to put it in the dishwasher.
Method 2: Lemon
1. Cut a lemon in half. Place it on the plate with the cut side down, and add a tablespoon of water to the plate.
2. Put the lemon in the microwave oven and heat it for about 1 minute, or until the lemon is heated and the microwave oven is steamy.
3. After taking out the plate, wipe it with a rag or paper towel.
Method 3: Detergent
1. Add warm water to the bowl.
2. Add the amount of detergent you need.
3. Put the bowl in the microwave oven and heat it until the water vapor evaporates.
4. After taking out the bowl, wipe the microwave oven with a vegetable cloth or sponge.
5. After the stain is softened by water vapor, it is easy to wipe it up. The same effect can be achieved when baking soda replaces detergent.
1. After wiping, turn on the microwave oven for a few minutes to let the moisture in it escape.
2. In order to keep the microwave oven clean, you can cover it loosely when heating things. Don’t cover it tightly, it will kill people.
3. Remember the principle of often brushing and cleaning. If you find stains at any time, clean it off at any time.
4. Do not store messy things in the microwave oven or use it as a cabinet.
5. Clean the microwave oven once a month.
6. Clean the microwave oven and do not use corrosive cleaning agents.
7. If you forget the time, let the water heat up for too long, and the steam in the microwave oven is too high.
At this time, do not approach the microwave oven, at least two meters away, because the hot water may splash out.
The best way is to disconnect the power and then wait for a while before turning on the microwave oven.