Deep-fried foods are popular among many adults and children because of their crispy taste, aroma, and improve appetite. With the improvement of people’s requirements for food, the deep fryer was also born with the development of technology, from the original open fire iron fryer to the electric deep fryer.
It’s designed base on the advantages of similar products. It has the characteristics of reasonable structure, novel style, fast heating speed, and convenient operation. It has become one of the kitchen appliances in modern people’s life.
How to clean a deep fryer is one of the most important issues because it fries food for different people every day, so cleaning is very important.
What Is Deep Fryer?
I think most of you familiar with this. It can fry a different kind of food. It’s a kitchen equipment that uses the oil to fry the food.
It’s divided into electric heating, coal heating, gas heating, and other heating methods. It has a novel style, reasonable structure, and simple operation.
It’s characterized by fast heating rate and easy cleaning that’s widely used in fast-food restaurants, hotels and dining places.
When using the deep fryer, it should be noted that the oil level should not be too high or too low and prevent water from entering causing oil splash.
Nowadays, it’s mostly used in the family because of more functions. They can not only fry food but also cook and steam things.
It’s generally divided into 2 types: home use and commercial use.
The general home use type is 220V, which can be used to fry vegetables, various meats, fruits, and other foods. Commercial type is 380V, suitable for Western restaurants, fast food restaurants, snack bars, etc.
The temperature can be adjusted at any time. It has the characteristics of rapid heating, convenient operation, energy-saving, low fuel consumption, and constant temperature. It’s special equipment for fast food restaurants and food processing units and truly adapts to the green environmental protection needs of modern life.
How Does It work?
The electric deep fryer uses a heating element to heat the oil so it can heat up at a high speed and simultaneously heats the food in the pot. It has high thermal efficiency, safe, no fire, and not afraid of wind.
During the process, the other parts will be hot. It depends on different models. Some of them come with the cool-touch design.
How To Use Deep Fryer?
1. When using the fryer, keep the oil level in the tank more than 1/4 of the tank depth, but the maximum oil level should not be greater than 2/3 tank depth.
If the tank has the “MAX” line and “MIN” line, you can simply follow the line to fill the oil.
2. Adjust the temperature to your desired temperature. Then wait for the oil is ready. Some models use indicator light. Some high-end models use an LCD screen. You can know the temperature at any time. When the heating process is finished, it will stop heating the oil automatically.
When the oil temperature drops, the temperature controller can automatically turn on the power. The heating element is working again, the oil temperature is rising. It will ensure the oil temperature is constant within the set temperature range.
3. It better uses the lid in order to keep the table clean and heat preservation. Pay attention to the water on the lid so as to avoid the water drop to the oil and splashing everywhere
How To Clean Deep Fryer?
Start the machine and dilute the cleaning agent in a ratio of 1:5 (cleaning agent: water). Spray or wipe the surface of the fryer directly with a spray bottle or rag for 5 minutes, then rinse with a soft brush and rinse with water.
It can dilute the cleaning agent into a 5-10% solution, soaked in the oil tank of the fryer for 20-30 minutes, then rinsed with water. If there are stubborn stains, brush with a soft brush.
Cleaning the basket:
- Dilute the cleaning agent with water.
- Soak the basket to the diluted detergent solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the basket and wash it with a brush.
- Rinse the basket with tap water.
Fryer Classification And Introduction
Single Machine Series
The single-machine series is suitable for fast food restaurants, canteens, chain stores, supermarkets, etc., and can be fried all kinds of foods.
The main energy sources are electric heating, coal heating, liquefied gas, and natural gas. Some models that can automatically filter the residue, which can extend the oil change interval and greatly reduce the cost of oil.
The whole machine is made of high-quality stainless steel, with exquisite workmanship and durability. It’s convenient and practical because it uses a smart digital display thermostat.
It adopts automatic temperature control to effectively separate inferior oil, which is safe, easy to clean and maintain. With over-temperature protection, you can use it with confidence.
It’s mainly suitable for small and medium-sized food factories. They can make most fried snacks, such as beans, green beans, peanuts, and pine nuts.
It’s characterized by intelligent temperature control, which can realize automatic feeding, automatic mixing and automatic discharging, etc., thereby reducing labor costs and being more convenient and smarter than the single machine series.
Energy mainly uses electricity, heat transfer oil, coal, natural gas, liquefied gas, and external loop heating. The fried food not only has good color, aroma, and taste, but also has a clean appearance and no black residue, and the product yield is increased and the shelf life is prolonged.
The feature is that it can continuously produce, save energy, save labor, and make the quality of the product more uniform. Energy can be selected from electricity, heat transfer oil, coal, natural gas, liquefied gas, and external loop heating.
1. The oil can not be too full, in case of boiling spillage caused by danger.
2. It should use new vegetable oil, It’s strictly prohibited to use repeatedly, otherwise, there is a fire risk.
3. When putting food into the oil tank, use a special frying basket or slide the food into the tank to prevent hot oil from splashing.
4. If the equipment fails, it should be notified to the manufacturer for maintenance to ensure that the machine is running well.
5. Food too wet and too much load can cause excessive boiling.
6. When cleaning the fryer, do not spray the electrical parts with water to prevent short circuits.
I think most of people like fried food. Of course including me. It tastes much better than other cooking methods. But, in view of the health, I think most of you will agree fried food is not healthy. Steaming food is much healthier. Food Steamer is also much easier to clean.
But, it’s not a bad idea to have some fried food occasionally. If you are looking for it, you can read 15 Best Deep Fryers to get more information.
If you have any questions or opinion, please leave them below, I’d love to hear that.