I think all the busy mother will stay in the kitchen for a long time every day. When you are cooking, do you realize any dangerous things in the kitchen? When something happens, do you know how to handle it?

Below, I will mention some of the situations that usually happen in the kitchen.

Frying Pan (Danger Level: 5)

Frying Pan

The oil pan on fire is dangerous, and the uncovered pan is the most dangerous. It’s best to use a deep wok with a lid. In the event of a fire in the pan, be sure to remember the safe fire extinguishing measures: first, turn off the fire or power; then cover the pan with a wet towel until the fire is extinguished. Never bring the burning pan out of the kitchen or water it.

If you want to fry the food safely, I think you can consider using deep fryer instead that is safer and convenient. If you want your fried food healthy, you can choose to use air fryer that needn’t to use any drop of oil.

Rags (Danger Level: 4)


The corner of the wet dishcloths or sponges will rot in a few weeks. The number of microorganisms contained in them is scary, up to tens of thousands per square centimeter. A damp dirty rag even contains more bacteria than the inside wall of the toilet and anywhere in the room.

Frozen Food (Danger Level: 4)

Frozen Food

Once the frozen food or ice cream is thawed and melted, it should be eaten as soon as possible, and should not be put in the refrigerator again to freeze. Because ice cream after thawing can easily become a “medium” for pathogens such as salmonella and listeria. In fact, all frozen foods should be eaten after thawing and do not put them back in the refrigerator.

Microwave Oven (Danger Level: 3)

Best Countertop Microwave Ovens – Top Buying Guides

When heating liquid food in a microwave oven, the food may bubbly after the temperature exceeds the boiling point. Therefore, when you take out the food, you can easily get burned by steam if you are not careful. In addition, stainless steel and metal containers placed in a microwave oven can easily explode, causing a fire.

Cabinet (Danger Level: 3)

Kitchen Cabinet

The biggest problem of the cabinet is that it is not ventilated, and it is easy to breed various bacteria and produce odors. These are the main causes of diseases such as diarrhea. In addition, many people put a variety of chemicals in the overall cabinets in their homes, such as detergents, sewer dredges, and strong degreasers, etc., which can cause harm, especially to children. Never put food in these places.

Antibacterial Disinfection Products (Danger Level: 3)

Antibacterial Disinfection Products

Today, a large number of antibacterial and disinfection products are flooding the market, but these chemical agents that claim to kill 99% of bacteria are not that magical. Studies have shown that the remaining 1% of surviving bacteria are more tenacious, and after a few hours, more bacteria will multiply.

Refrigerator (Danger Level: 2)

Well Organized Refrigerator

The refrigerator has the highest probability of cross-infection between raw and cooked food, and it is also the most susceptible to disease. Raw meat foods should be packed and placed at the bottom of the freezer to avoid bleeding and contaminating other foods. In addition, we must pay attention to the refrigeration and freezing period of food, and some food rot is not obvious. Storage of food in plastic bags will accelerate the rate of food decay.

Food Packaging (Danger Level: 1)

Food Packaging

A 2009 report from the European Union pointed out that the presence of estrogen in the environment poses a great threat to the health of children, especially boys. Many common plastic bags and packaging contain “estrogen chemicals” such as phthalates, and bisphenol A in food packaging plastics and inner wall coatings of cans can cause cancer, reduced sperm counts, and an unbalanced ratio of boys and girls.

Plastic Wrap (Danger Level: 1)

Plastic Wrap

A recent study found that plastic wrap may contain chemicals such as phthalates and DEHA, which can cause carcinogens when heated in a microwave oven. For safety, it is best to use glassware or oil-absorbing paper to wrap food.

Pesticide Residues (Danger Level: 1)

Pesticide Residues

The “natural fertilizers”, herbicides, and pesticides used on organic farms are all toxic and must be cleaned before eating.


I hope the situations above are helpful to you. Important, it’s only some of them. In the future, I will try to write down more different aspects of dangerous things in the kitchen. If you have kids, I think you should be more careful about that.

If you have any questions, please leave them below. I ‘d love to hear that.


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *