The cabinet is an important storage space in the home kitchen, and the clean kitchen and bathroom space will also make you happy when cooking. Do you know the best way to clean kitchen cabinets?
However, the kitchen is a space where oil and smoke accumulate every day and months, and the cabinets become difficult to clean over time, and the entire cabinets are covered with oil.
So how can you make the cabinets change their face? First of all, after using the kitchen cabinets each time, wipe them with a damp cotton cloth to prevent water stains from remaining on the surface of the kitchen cabinets.
Water with high iron content may cause brown-red marks on the surface of the kitchen cabinet. Today, I will take you to learn more about the cleaning of cabinets.
Kitchen cabinet basic maintenance
For newly renovated kitchens, attention should be paid to ventilation to avoid corrosive gas from the decoration materials and oxidation of the kitchen cabinet surface.
Keep it fresh
After using the kitchen cabinet every time, wipe it dry with a damp cotton cloth to prevent water stains from remaining on the surface of the kitchen cabinet. Water with high iron content may cause brown-red marks on the surface of the kitchen cabinet.
Different types of cabinet cleaning methods
The method of cleaning wooden cabinets is to use white vinegar and alcohol mixture to clean, and then add a few drops of detergent. Use a microfiber cloth to dampen this cleaning mixture to wipe the cabinets.
Next, rinse the cabinet thoroughly with warm water, and finally use furniture oil containing beeswax to brush the surface. This way your cabinet will look new.
Bright paint cabinet
Bright paint cabinets need to be cleaned with a mild cleaner, but if too much cleaner is used on the painted surface, the cleaner will cause some damage to the paint.
So, mix white vinegar with a few drops of dishwashing liquid, but don’t go to alcohol this time. Place this mixture in a spray bottle to better control spray volume.
After spraying, wipe the cabinet with a slightly damp fiber cloth. Finally, dry with another clean microfiber cloth.
Black painted cabinet
Black cabinets can create a chic appearance in the kitchen. Whether the cabinets are painted black or stained with ebony, they need to be carefully cleaned. Every day, water and oil stains on the cabinets, and there will also be accumulated dust.
So it should be wiped with a wet fiber cloth at least once a week. It only takes a few minutes, but doing so can reduce or prevent the cabinet from slowly damaging.
White painted cabinet
White cabinets give the kitchen a fresh, clean look, but they can easily see scratches. Just like black cabinets, white cabinets should be wiped with a wet fiber cloth at least once a week.
White paint should also be used to repair scratched areas.
Laminate cabinets are the easiest to keep clean because they have no porous wood grain to absorb dirt and oil stains.
Use a wet microfiber cloth for cleaning once a week, and also use detergent and vinegar to clean. Vinegar is a natural acid that can clean food that is not easy to clean.
Dishwashing liquid helps to create a gentle lather and is easy to clean.
Cleaning and maintenance of different parts of the cabinet
Cleaning and maintenance of cabinet doors
1. Cleaning: General cabinet doors can be cleaned with some soluble detergents, except for paint doors.
It should be noted that benzene solvents and resin solvents cannot be used as panel cleaners.
2. Maintenance: The solid wood cabinet door should be cleaned and maintained with water wax, but the crystal door only needs to be wiped with a velvet cloth dipped in warm water or neutral detergent.
The countertop needs to be made of water baffles, so as to prevent the water on the countertop from flowing down and soaking the door panel, otherwise, it will cause mildew and deformation.
Cleaning and maintenance of cabinets
1. The load-bearing capacity of the wall cabinet is average, so it can only store lighter items such as seasoning jars or glasses. Objects with large volume and weight are suitable for placing on the floor cabinet.
2. Whether it is kitchen utensils or hardware, it should be cleaned with a dry cloth to avoid water stains left in the cabinet to cause watermarks and even damage to the cabinet.
Cleaning and maintenance of countertops
1. The tabletops of natural stone need to be cleaned with soft scouring pads, and cannot be wiped with toluene cleaner.
After the scale is removed, you can not use dilute hydrochloric acid with strong acidity, otherwise, it will damage the glaze and make the countertop lose luster.
2. The countertop made of artificial stone or stainless steel can only be wiped with a soft towel or soft scouring pad with water or brightener, otherwise, other hard steel balls will cause scratches.
3. For the cabinet made of fireproof board, it can be cleaned with general household cleaners, then wiped with a nylon brush, then wiped with a damp and hot cloth, and finally wiped with a dry cloth.
4. The cabinet countertops made of logs can only be cleaned with a feather duster first, and then wiped with a dry towel dipped in the log maintenance special emulsion.
Do not use wet rags and oil-based cleaners, otherwise, it will cause the tabletop to bulge due to moisture.
5. The kitchen should avoid hot pots, hot water bottles, and colored gas liquids on the countertops, which will leave hot marks or stains that are difficult to clean.
Cleaning and maintenance of kitchen sink
1. When cleaning the kitchen sink daily, remember to clean the filter box together, otherwise, the grease will accumulate and become thicker, which will be difficult to clean in the future.
If you have accumulated too much and it is difficult to clean, you can first clean it with hot water to remove the oily detergent, and then wash it with cold water.
2. The filter box in the sink must be wrapped with filament in advance, so as to avoid the vegetable waste and small debris blocking the water pipe.
Cleaning and maintenance of cabinet handles
The handling rate of the cabinet handle is the highest, so it is the dirtiest and usually sticky, so you can use a wet microfiber cloth to wipe the area around the handle.
You can add hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol to the water to mix and scrub the cabinet. Handles.
For daily maintenance, please pay attention to clean the kitchen every time you use it. Try not to use oily hands to directly pull the cabinet handles.
Cleaning and maintenance of corners and gaps
Cabinets with corners and gaps are also very troublesome to clean. When removing dirt and dust in those narrow areas, you can use a microfiber cloth wrapped with a knife to enter a flat area that needs to be cleaned.
But be careful that it will not penetrate the fabric and scratch the cabinet. Toothpicks are also suitable for cleaning narrow corners and small cracks in cabinets.
It should be wiped in time for normal use to avoid the formation of stubborn stains that are difficult to clean for a long time.
1. It is best not to use rubber pads in the kitchen cabinet because the bottom of the rubber pad is stained on the kitchen cabinet and is not easy to clean.
2. The kitchen cabinet should be kept away from the liquid made by heavy metals as much as possible. It will cause discoloration and rust spots on the kitchen cabinet.
3. The kitchen cabinet should avoid long-term contact with household chemicals such as bleaching powder and washing powder.
Other cleaning tips
1. When cleaning the kitchen cabinet, use a soft cloth and detergent to clean the oil stains. After wiping, wipe off the water with a dry cloth. The cleaning agent is neutral detergent.
2. If there is a scale in the kitchen countertop or the sink, you can scrub with decontamination powder or vegetable crumbs.
3. If the water remaining on the kitchen cabinet is precipitated with minerals, in this case, the precipitate can be removed with the vinegar solution, and then washed with clean water.
4. If there is floating rust on the bottom of the kitchen cabinet and the sink, this is caused by the metal debris in the water pipe. You can remove the floating rust with toothpaste.
5. Scrub the kitchen cabinet and avoid using hard objects such as steel balls. Not only will the kitchen cabinet be scratched, but also the metal particles on the steel ball will remain on the kitchen cabinet, which will cause rust spots for a long time.